feelings

Thoughts Before Bed

8:39 PM

Have you ever felt your heart hurting? Not in the boring medical way, but a pain that gives you a hint on how profoundly sad you are. I'd say it's the greatest experience in the world, apart from passing out(morbid joke alert). Everyone says you will reach a point when you'll be extremely happy, as happy as you've never been before. In fact, you'll be so happy to shit unicorns and rainbows and you'll lay down on a Barbie pink cloud sippin' on a margarita next to Katy Perry. Bullshit.
I don't believe in happines. I find it as true as Osama bin Laden. I think it is as relative as E=MC2 and one minute you have hearts instead of eyes and the next minute you get fired and catch your wife cheating on you. It may sound like the worst case scenario, but think about this: how many times didn't you find yourself content and quite enjoying life, but mentally preparing yourself for the worst?
The thing is, we can't quite appreciate being happy because we're drawn back by the fear of the not so happy ending. I'm a person that cuts a feather pretty much all the time and the fact that I cannot make it a profitable business makes it even more lame. I think the more stupid you are, the happier life gets and I don't know if there are psychological experiments about this, but I find it more accurate day by day.
The test I'm putting myself trough once in a while is just to be pleased with what I have and try to look for less answers, because truth is as relative as happiness, indeed. One thing, I noticed that I really like when british people say "I suppose". I find it really pleasant to hear, and 99% percent of the guilt belongs to Lane Pryce from Mad Men, who is a little bit dead at the moment. Oh well, you never know what it is going to happen.
Now, what's up with Starbucks workers? I don't know the protocol, but in Bucharest they try to act really friendly, but then professional at the same time and that really creeps me out. Chillax, dudes that work there, don't try so hard, we're used to displeased civil servant ladies that would spit you in the eye for giving them money, it's not your fault you work in a nice environment. No, not really..
Life is beautiful, but damn complicated.

Enjoy it.

You Might Also Like

FOLLOW @DAENYSSA ON INSTAGRAM