advice

Rainy Day

11:37 PM

It has been pouring with rain all day long and the generic idea of a perfect Sunday is completely ruined forever. I’ve just complained about a rainy day which I actually enjoyed because it made me feel all fuzzy and warm inside(since I stayed in my bed all day sippin’  on black tea)...that’s how I role apparently. No offence here, but I believe this is a woman thing, complaining about everything that is. However, it’s a bit stressful and eating me inside not being able to find my words(I know English isn’t even the language I speak every day so I believe I have an excuse). On a normal basis, I kind of think too much, so much that I can’t sleep at night because I’m too busy thinking things and feeling feelings about thinking too many things at once. And boy I have no idea how can I fight the doomsday, make out with Austin Butler and elaborate my diploma subject all at the same time in my head, at 3:00 in the morning, It seems rather exhausting having an imaginary life these days. The actual point of this gibberish is actually the fact that I have no inspiration whatsoever in writing something a tad more meaningful and interesting than the ordinary superficial subjects which we all adore.
With that being said, I will contain myself and provide a bit of guidance on how to spruce up your indoors rainy Sunday( assuming the weather is the same all around the world which is profoundly dumb of me). Since autumn is here to stay and we all know that from the fall 2013 lookbooks that float all over the Internet, it’s a proper time to feel excited for fashion and miserable about  well, everything else. And what better way of escaping the misery than watching a summer related movie. Obviously, 500 days of Summer is the first choice, but I would recommend something a bit more young, fresh and visually engaging, The Kings of Summer. If you’re more of a documentary type of person, you can always watch Samsara to relax your mind and incite your soul. Romantic books go perfectly with a hot chocolate, but if you want to actually learn something and understand the art of success in a more scientific manner, Outliers is the book for you. Speaking of chilled rainy mood, The Neghbourhood always gets me there, José González makes me dream and Foals makes me dance and scream-the choice belongs to you, master. It goes without saying that tea and cookies, blankets and fluffy cardigans are a must. Ultimately, you can take the longest bubble bath in the history and drink a glass of rosé with Ludovico Einaudi’s Ora playing in the background.

In all seriousness, we all need some "me time" every once in a while. But fear not, because laying around all day, watching TV shows or meditating and embracing solitude sometimes is far from shameful. Enjoy the sweater weather.




You Might Also Like

  1. couldn't agree with you more, i'm taking tomorrow off work to chill out and detox, can't wait : )

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    L X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone feels the same I do. Hope you'll have a great relaxing day! :)

      Delete

FOLLOW @DAENYSSA ON INSTAGRAM