fashion

2013 Favourites

4:13 PM

Hello, dear blog readers and Happy New Year. Since 2014 just started, I’ve figured that now it would be a good time to commemorate the year that just ended. It was not the best year, it was not the worst. I have lost quite a bit, but I’ve gained enough to keep me balanced. For me, 2013 was the year of changes and now that I look back I believe that it mold me into a better person for some reason. My self confidence is not as fragile as it used to be, the social awkwardness seems to have shrunk(with a slight variation), my heart is hanging in there(which is more than I could wish for given the circumstances) and I am surrounded by amazing people(not so many of them, just the right amount) that can brighten the dark hours. I feel lucky and appreciative.  I am alright.

   Cutting the mush(I respect you if you know the movie that’s from) and moving towards fun, superficial aspects of my daily life, in no particular order, I’ll tell you what I’ve been loving for the past year.

1.       Clothing item:

This olive green kimono that I’ve got for my birthday in August, was worn with love almost everyday, which is very unlike me(I’m not one to wear the same piece two days in a row).

2.       Make-up tool:


I’ve used the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush religiously to apply my foundation, just like the beauty gurus told me to. I must admit, it’s worth the hype!


3.      Accessory:

Ear cuffs are a piece of jewelry that spice up an outfit and are very intriguing for the average male. This silver one from Accessorize is simple, chick and so wearable.


  
4.      Blogger/YouTubber:

     I’ve enjoyed watching tones of videos and reading a lot of blog post, so much that I can write a 3 pages long list with my favourite ones. However, for this year, Jenn from clothesencounters was so inspiring and fun to watch. For entertainment purposes, I’ ve kinda made a slight obsession over Dan Howell.


5.       Photographer: 
Erika Astrid gives a definition to beauty with every wonderful photo she takes.
6.      Movie:

Everyone that knows me, knows how much of a movie and TV series junkie I am so choosing just one of them hurts my heart a little bit. Unsurprisingly, I’m gonna cheat and I’m gonna pick an animated movie as well. The Dreamers was such an amazing one to watch during the Summer, along with Hayao Miyazaki’s Spirited Away.

      
7.  TV show/series:
Game of Thrones and every other good series out there.
8.      Musician:
      It will come as no surprise for you that Depeche Mode is the first choice, but I’ve also been listening to a lot of Muse and Foals.


     


9.   Book:

Because I’m a proud Romanian girl, I’m gonna include Noaptea de Sanziene(The Forbidden Forest) by Mircea Eliade, because it’s such a wonderful and inspiring book to read.  For fiction lovers, I’m gonna recommend Divergent by Veronica Roth which is a hybrid between The Hunger Games and The Vampire Diaries(I don’t know how I’ve made the connection in my head, since it’s not about vampires or hunger games).
10.  Websites:
You probably expect something like rocknroserefinery29 or at least gorillavsbear. You’re wrong! I take such pride in visiting theuselessweb 100 times a day, it’s unnatural.



   There you have it, 10 things I hate about you. I’ve liked in 2013. It’s not something motivational or useful in any way, shape or form, but it’s something that tells a little story about yours truly(not that you wanted to know anyway). I hope that 2014 is gonna be a better year than the one before, a year full of meaningful experiences and great people, for you, for me and for everyone else.

You Might Also Like

FOLLOW @DAENYSSA ON INSTAGRAM